Tuesday, April 14, 2015

You know what I LOVE about myself?

My random American League baseball knowledge from watching hours and hours of games and my baseball card collection as a kid.  I don't think your average chick...or even most dudes would see a highlight from the Kansas City game and holler "RUSTY KUUUUUUUUUuUNTZ!!!!" at the screen when they show one of the baseline coaches carting off a key player who got injured. (He was a former player back in the 70's/80's.) Ahh. Good times. (Incidentally, Kuntz, the former Sox player was carting off injured Alex Rios, another former Sox player.) WHITE Sox. 

You thought I meant Red Sox? Pshhhht. Around these parts, the Sox standard is White not Red. I am still reveling in Game 1 of the 2005 ALDS when we Spanked. That. Ass. 14-2. I think the game started in the late afternoon, because for whatever reason I was still at work and i mercilessly mocked my Bostonian co-worker. I loathe the BoSox almost as much as a Yankees fan does. 

I love me some baseball.

No comments: