Friday, July 27, 2012

Race Report: Chicago Undie Dash 5K

I'll keep this short and sweet. So the race was on my birthday...me and my cousin Briget met downtown and walked over to DuSable Harbor, adjacent to the Chicago Yacht Club, a great place to be reminded that your liberal arts major didn't lend much to the pursuit of the almighty dollar...

As we picked up our packets (because there was ONLY race day packet pickup) I was confronted with two unfortunate things: No official timing and there were a GANG of biting flies in this particular area near the lake. So for 90 minutes, we swatted away flies and watched the crowd roll in, including my bestie Annah.

The premise of the Chicago Undie Dash is to raise money for an organization that promotes awareness of women's breast and ovarian health. I certainly wasn't gonna go out in my drawers, and a whole LOT of people could have done the same--but didn't.

The course was on the lakefront path, and even in the grass at some points. Runners were probably more there for the underwear gimmick, because there were lots of people who were walking within the first mile on what was a crowded "course." So while it was fun enough, I probably won't do it again next year. Not much else to report other than there was an ugly headwind for about the last mile and some change.

3.1 miles/34:14 (pace 11:03)

(Birthday Gear courtesy of Briget!)

1 comment:

MissHaneefa said...

Great job! Cute pic.