Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Runs #27 and #28

Run #27 Sunday morning
11 miles; 2:39:00; run/walk with a ton more walking than I wanted. It also involved stopping and sitting on the curb at around 9 miles, crying. In retrospect, I have to stop beating myself. I knew run/walk sti wouldn't be easy in trying to do this half marathon in 8 weeks after about 4-5 months of solid inactivity. It'll get easier. Pace: 14:27. Eeeww. Hopefully I can reign my half marathon in to under the 3:00 mark. We'll see. (BB: this was supposed to be a goal of a PR run. That will have to come later. I feel like I've let you down. Or myself down.) Anyway this was outdoor run #4. Breathing is still crazy, but getting better. Also, because the girls were home, I didn't feel comfortable straying too far. I did the entire 11 miles in this area bounded by Devon to the north, Broadway to the east, Ridge (diagonal) and Glenwood to the south, and Ravenswood (the street 1 block east of Ridge) to the west. It was mind-numbing.

Run #28 Tuesday morning
2 miles; 25:51; pace 12:55; still run/walking. My legs were so sore this morning, still from my 11 miles on Sunday and a tender hamstring, and then hitting my legs and shoulders yesterday for strength training. I added a set, so now 4 sets of 10 on the leg press, and did each set at a higher weight: 255-270-285-300. My legs were mad at me this morning, but that's ok. With each step I imagined myself getting stronger, and better prepared for the running season ahead. Outdoor run #5.

Miles this month: 30
Miles this year: 105.27

(Maybe I should cut myself some slack on feeling horrible while running.last month I only ran 32 miles. This month I'm at 30 at the halfway point. Of my total miles this year, nearly 30% has been in the last 14 days, including my two wretched longer runs. Ok. Letting that sink in. I'll be ok. I'll just keep at it. Yeah, that's the ticket.)

No comments: