Thursday, April 9, 2015

Run #25 and Run #26

Run #25: Tuesday 4/7
Total: 2 miles; 25:30; Pace 12:45; run/walk usual 4:00/2:00. I waited til after work so that I could run outside, because I simply have to get more outdoor runs in the books. It was chillier than I wanted. What the hell, April? 38 degrees still feels cold when I haven't been running outside much. (Outside run #3) my running pace felt fast and my walking pace felt slow.

Miles this month: 15
Miles this year: 90.27

Run #26: Wednesday 4/8
Total: 2 miles; 25:25; Pace 12:42; Waited til after work again in the hopes of running outside, but it was nearing 7pm, mid 30's and foggy over here near the lake, so I decided to go to the gym. Mind you, I'd been there this morning for chest+tri weights. Anyway, I scored the last treadmill and was feeling good, so I started with a run/walk ratio of 5:00/2:00, figuring I could scale it back if need be. But I felt pretty good the whole time. Didn't try to go faster or farther...just adding more running. (In hindsight, maybe I should have inched up that running mph?)

Compared to yesterday when I ran, I felt great. Mentally it was a breeze. Is that all the treadmill's doing? My legs felt sore during my outside run...having come off of that 9 mile run, and then running on concrete (sidewalks.) On the treadmill I felt glimpses of better running days gone by. For two 2-mile runs just a few seconds apart, they could not have felt more different! 

Interesting. I feel like I'll be thinking about this for awhile. Hmm.

Miles this month: 17
Miles this year: 92:27

No comments: