Saturday, August 23, 2014

run #108

How much: 18
How long: 4:27:31 (14:52 pace)
Where: lakefront
When: 7am-ish/79 degrees, 99% humidity; Friday 8/22
August miles: 85
Total 2014 miles: 433.4


By far the hottest run in years. By far, the most I have ever walked in a long run. Ever. By FAR, the most I have ever sweated in a run, ever. It's not the temp, but the humidity that kills me. I may have quite literally walked half of this...well for sure at least 1/3 of it. I felt a moment of despair at about 15 miles when I just didn't want to go another step. But I figured walking was better than standing there just wishing it was over.

I drank all 32 ounces of my Gatorade, I filled my 8 ounce bottle up with water countless times, chugging them every time instead of sipping. I stopped to stretch at one point and thought one of my bottles was leaking, only to realize...no, that's sweat that's so drenching my shorts, they're dripping like they would if I took them out of the washing machine mid-cycle. 

One of these days I will have a great long run. They seem to keep getting worse. :(

I'm not going to run my 4th run for the week tomorrow, I don't think. My calf is super sore. 

Heat, humidity and exercise:



No comments: