Friday, July 18, 2014

run #90 better late than never

How much: 3
How long: 34:51 (11:37 pace)
Where: neighborhood
When: 8:35pm/72 degrees
July miles: 40.10
Total 2014 miles: 323.10

What a week! Very hard to get in runs--but next week won't be any easier. As I lay on the couch dozing in and out of sleep while trying to watch this week's episode of Extreme Weight Loss at 7pm, I thought, if she can do all of this, well I can certainly take my tired butt out for a run. And so I did once the show ended. I had to improvise my street running because of the dark--forcing me on to sidewalks. And I steered clear of that 2nd block over where I tend to see those dead rats. Don't wanna step on what I can't see and "hit that soft spot" of a rat carcass. Eww.

Anyhoo. 3 done.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
It's after midnight and I just woke up. I wanted to add to this. It's just a 3 mile run, but I can't explain how much this night run is SO not in my DNA. I'm a morning runner. But for one reason or another (that I own up to ultimately as MY CHOICE) I only got in one other midweek run. Sure I could run in the morning, and then my 13 miles on Sunday...but why not take control tonight? Why put it off? If you want to see different results, you might just have to do things differently. So I felt like it would be a huge mental boost to fight my urge to lie on the couch all night. A mental victory, regardless of how slow or tired I was going to feel.

I'm glad I ran!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Lou said...

This is kind of unrelated, but I've been trying to get up at 5:30 to write. And I find if I say, "This is my time, and I'm doing this for myself," it seems to convince me to actually do it.

Also, I've got a new blog. For real, I'm going to do this again.

Lindy said...

Yeah...and it's not the getting up that's the problem, but blocking it off for my run and not doing work stuff is the problem. And then I SAY I'll run after work but then can't muster up the energy to do so.

And GOOD!!! I miss your writing. You write. I just blurt everything out that's on my mind--sometimes it's good, sometimes it's garbage!