Tuesday, July 1, 2014

run #80

How much: 3
How long: 33:52 (pace 11:17)
Where: neighborhood
When: 5:45am/69 degrees 94%humidity
July miles: 3
Total 2014 miles: 286.00

Wooowheeee it was humid out there. Surveyed last night's storm damage and the neighborhood survived. One big branch, one blocked sewer grate, one misstep smack dab into the middle of a puddle. We got off light. I have a few friends with flooded basements, according to Facebook. Pictures and videos supplied.

On Ravenswood, that street that hasn't been kind to rodents (carrying a "dead rodents spotted while running" count of 2), out of the corner of my eye I saw something under a truck. Is that a squirrel? What if he's rabid and tries to attack me? Mr. Squirrel, it's all good, I'm not trying to hurt you. You mind your business, I'll mind mine.

Suddenly this noise out of the depths of hell came--it's the end of the world!!!! Everybody RUNNNNN!!!!No wait, it's the Metra. A double Metra, one headed inbound and another out to the burbs.

Mr. Squirrel scurried out and it wasn't Mr. Squirrel at all, but a big ol RAT!!!! Running side by side with me!! He was faster. Then he hung a sharp left into the alley.

((shudder))

Maybe I should revise my running route.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: