Monday, April 14, 2014

sweet home, chicago

So right after I got in to the NYC Marathon I was feeling extra-special lucky and said to myself "Self, 3 weeks before the NYC marathon (and when you should be running your longest training run) is the world's greatest Chicago Marathon. Wouldn't it be kinda awesome to run my longest training run 3 weeks before NYC as part of the Chicago Marathon?" I've always wanted to do two 20-mile training runs in a season, I could just follow Chicago's training schedule timeline, and on marathon day, run the 20 miles. Or if I felt extra friggin good, run Chicago AND NYC. Seems pretty crazy, but people have done it. Running great Hal Higdon even suggests training plans for this kind of thing. I don't know how I feel about it...and after struggling with just 3 miles on Saturday, of course, I am reminded: my training vision is one week at a time. My motto remains the same, as BB reminds me: one. foot. in. front. of. the. other.

All this is conjecture, of course.

Until today:

blank stare.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I got into both races as well. Should be an adventure. Good luck!

Lindy said...

Very cool, Eric! Good luck to you as well!