Thursday, March 6, 2014

Thursday 13:

13. Today I had to do something I didn’t want to do today. Well, I did want to and I didn’t. Had to take my cat in to give it a new home (hopefully.) Long story.

12. I felt terrible when I left anyway, despite the circumstances that ultimately led to this moment. I hope he will be ok.

11. I went and ate a doughnut. Ok…1½ . Then I felt sick so I just stopped eating it.

10. I don’t even care. It won’t fix the situation, but as I strolled through the aisles of Mariano’s, that doughnut said “Eat me and you will feel better, even if for just a few minutes.”

9. I’m not sure why I even went there, I just didn’t want to go straight to work. I just sorta ended up there.

8. Turns out one of my bosses at work took her older, sick cat in to be euthanized today. Something’s in the water.

7. BB makes me feel better than even a glazed cruller with white frosting can.

6. They gave me an ID number that I can check on him if I want. I don’t know if that’s a good idea or not. I’ll have to think about it. I’m not sure what good any of the information would ever do for me.

5. For some really REALLY strange reason, as I was looking at his paws in the cat carrier while driving down Lakeshore Drive (of course, glances, because staring at them while driving would be bad) I wondered why on earth people ever carried around a “lucky rabbit’s foot.” Remember those? They were all the rage when I was a kid, and how friggin cruel is that??? Dyed some bright green or blue color. Eew. Anyway, in my sick sense of humor I wondered how the intake person would react if I asked to have a “cat’s foot.”

4. This weird sense of “humor” (and I use the term loosely) is why I’ve always thought that in my college heyday, I could have easily pulled off a Tom Green-like show. (Some of you may not remember who he is. He’s not nearly as funny as he used to be, but if we didn’t grow up a little bit, I suppose that would be scarier than the calmed down version of himself.)

3. Maybe I’m not all that funny, but I make myself laugh. And sometimes, that’s what counts the most.

2. Thanks for “listening” to me.

1. Goodbye Brownie.










2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry you had to give up your cat... for what ever reason. It is always hard.

Lindy said...

Thank you, Heidi. -Lindy