Monday, February 17, 2014

Run #17

How much: 4.5 (ran 3)
How long: 62:20 (ran 36:20)
Where: LA Fitness treadmill/Evanston
When: 10:15 am
February miles: 12.06
Total 2014 miles: 53

Got a daytime workout in due to the President's Day holiday that is NOT a school holiday for the girls, so I was able to move around as I pleased today.

Walked .5 as a warmup, then ran 3, only I took two short walking stints. .10 at about a mile and a half in, and then again at 2.25 miles for exactly .15 of a mile. After completing my goal of 3 miles, I walked another mile. I really wasn't thinking about anything while running other than "you got this." There was no way I wasn't going to do this today.

After finishing my run I was pouring with sweat--I'd flip-flopped earlier with the notion of doing a double strength-training session because I never made it to the gym over the weekend for my chest/tri workout. But since I didn't have the girls and had all the time in the world, I went with yesterday's workout, plus kicked off the new week with legs/shoulders workout too. I love the satisfaction of seeing your strength increase over time.

Kinda sore tonight. I need to ice my knees and put heat on my back and butt. (Yes.) I also stretched for a long time at the gym (whaaaaaaat) and may do that again tonight too. It felt good.

Are you still there reading this post? Thank you for hanging in there.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still Reading.A