Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Five

I'm WIDE awake at 1:30 in the morning...the curse of waking up at 3:50am and falling asleep for 3 hours later that evening.

5. My quads are very sore right now, probably a combo from my heavier quads workout on Tuesday and running a solid 2 miles yesterday (this is no small feat for me lately.) I picture the tiny microscopic muscle fibers repairing themselves, my legs getting stronger and stronger. Sore is not bad, it's good! (Pain is what's bad.)

4. BB pointed out how much I yell (or talk sarcastically) to the TV, and I've been acutely aware of it ever since. Even as I sit here right now with ESPN on and it's quiet and the girls are sleeping, I'm talking in my head at the TV. If I ever end up in a nursing home, I'd better not have a roommate.

3. I cooked dinner tonight. Yay!

2. I left a package at my desk at work. I'm imagining it sitting there in the dark, the moonlight and/or streetlights shining in on it, a little bit. That's weird, right? That's weird that I'm picturing the package sitting there like it's lonely or something, in my dark and creepy office building.

1. I am not a fan of being in the office when it's dark/late. What is the latest you've ever stayed at work? Once I had a public hearing that I helped staff that ran on and on until about 1:45am. It was kinda fun. Plus we got "time and a half" overtime for anything past 5pm. cha-CHINGGGG!

In 2012 I had an academic paper due by midnight (to be published for a conference). It was a Friday so I went to pick the girls up and brought them back to work. They played while I struggled. We finally left at 10pm! We hadn't even eaten dinner, so we went and grabbed slices of pizza at this joint a mile or so away. I read in the "*paper" the next morning that the place was robbed at gunpoint within an hour of us being there. Yikes!

*we still call them news"papers" although i haven't picked up a physical newspaper in ages.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: