Saturday, January 1, 2011

Back Down Memory Lane

As I ponder the training plan set forth before me, and sadly, as 2 miles of straight running seems like a lot right now, I know that this, too, shall pass. So I decided to reminisce on runs gone by. This episode, memorable weather runs:

1. Awful snow/sleet/6-inch ice puddles at the 2009 Shamrock Shuffle

2. The driving rain. One 16-mile training run, and this never-to-be forgotten race.

3. Frigid weather, a Chicago Endurance Sports Winter Warriors training run.

4. And of course the bane of my running existence. If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know that I've never quite let the 2007 Chicago Marathon debacle go...(Just realized this blog post doesn't give the weather stats, which are all in the posts leading up to and following my race report. The weather reached 88 degrees, but high, summer-like humidity from the wee hours of the morning made it feel crazy hot even at the beginning. That with lack of water was a recipe for disaster.)

1 comment:

Lou said...

I remember many of these runs too. And, I love your 100 miles a month goal.