Tuesday, August 18, 2009

What ever happened to....

Jen, the girl who had a double masectomy at the advice of her doctor, due to family history issues, etc... which torpedoed her marathon training in 2007. She made it out of surgery, posted once or twice...then nothing. I wonder about her, how she's doing, etc....

Summer Sando...she and I used to trade training stories on our extrapounds.com blogs, and via blogspot as well. And then the posts and comments became sparse, and then POOF. Gone.

Neonatal doc, whose blog gave me an inside peek at the world of neonatology. The last post was the best. I wonder what happened. Did the boss get wind of this blog and end it? Did the writer just say "enough is enough?" Why the silence?

HarlemRunner, I hardly knew ye. In fact, I came across your blog after you'd already said your goodbyes. But this guy seemed pretty cool, and out of all of them, I wish he'd come back and write some more, while righting some more wrongs. I especially love his take on the Black Marathoners group and celebrity runners, aka Katie Holmes running the NYC marathon. Anyway, RIP, blog o' HarlemRunner.

Blogs. So seemingly personal, yet in reality, it's still just a bunch of words on a screen. Could all be lies, could all be truth...could be a mix of both meant purely for your entertainment. Sigh.

This post is going nowhere fast, so let me end it now! :-P

No comments: