Monday, August 24, 2009

What's my motivation?

Oh man, 1 month and 16 days. I've been struggling lately, and my quote over there on the right (with the heading "The Truth") is suddenly ringing true. Due to the wedding festivities over the weekend (and my cookies I did for them) I did not get a single run in. I'm home for the next two weeks with the girls before school starts. Next up? Long run tomorrow. 16 miles. Just gotta get it done!


This is the cookie, although the finished product was just a teeny bit different:


4 comments:

Aileen said...

That looks yummy! I hope you had a great time at Lou's wedding!!!

IronWaddler said...

mmmmm ! Looks tasty. You'll get it done. No worries.

Lou said...

Best Cookie Ever. Hands down. I heard you and meg had a great run while I was out of town. What are your plans for the 18 miler this week?

Lindy said...

Thanks, although I'm still annoyed that someone swiped yours and your sister's.

Yes, we did have a good run, although I swear I would not have made it without her. She was rolling along like a champ and I was hurting! Had to stop for a gu at like 3.5 miles!

My plans for the 18 miler? Uh, RUN IT WITH YOU!!! I've already told (MY) Joey that I really need to make this run and that I won't be home before 10:30am. Hopefully it won't be a problem. I'm thinking we're the only full marathon-training people left in the 12:00 group, right? Wanna start at 6am? :) I guess we can't do that, due to the others in the half-half group, who will LAUGH at us when they finish their measly 6 miles.