Friday, August 14, 2009

So a girl walks into a bank...

...and the bank gets robbed and she is totally oblivious to it all.

Yes, that girl would be me! Yup! I went to the bank near my job to take care of some business. The tellers informed me that I would need to take care of that particular business with a manager, not a teller, and so I promptly stepped over to the manager's desk, which is a kiosk of sorts. So I'm standing there and we're going over some things on my account, and my back is to the tellers. I'm vaguely aware that someone else has come in to the teller area. So as the manager and I wrap up our business and she hands me a business card, I turn to leave and see these glass doors closing shut, and before my mind could register "huh?" the tellers behind the counter are saying loudly-not yelling-"We've just been robbed!"

So one teller is on the phone answering questions "Yes, he's gone....on foot....plaid shirt...." ALl the time I'm thinking "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME." So the other teller tells me I can't leave, I have to wait and talk to the police. So I said that I didn't see anything. I asked the manager if she knew they were being robbed, and she said she wasn't aware of it either. Meanwhile, people were coming up to the glass doors trying to get in and handle their own banking business. The tellers put up this sign that said "Due to circumstances beyond our control, this branch will be closed until further notice" or something like that. People were PISSED! Even one lady, after the teller said "we've been robbed," she was all like "well when are you going to open back up?!?!" Some people!

So what I thought would be a quick errand was turning into something longer. I texted my boss to let her know it'd be awhile before I got back, because the bank just got robbed. (Bad idea, she sent me a few texts in a row, worried about me...I forgot to tell her that I was fine.) Then the manager says that I can go, but to leave my contact information for the police, just in case.

As I stepped out of the bank, there were TONS of cop cars coming from every direction. And at this major three-way intersection, THAT'S A LOT OF DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS.

Yeah...so I witnessed a bank robbery...sort of...except I didn't see anything.

2 comments:

IronWaddler said...

I am glad that you are OK. Wow what an experience

Aileen said...

Ummm wow. I'm glad you're okay too.