Wednesday, July 12, 2017

More on the galaxy,,,

Speaking of shooting stars and awesome things floating in the atmosphere, I am super excited about the upcoming solar eclipse later this summer--i think the date is August 21, at around 11am-ish. Here in Chicago it won't be 100% pitch black but it'll be close. The closest total darkness place is about 6 hours South in Carbondale, IL. It's so not a fun drive that even an eclipse that might nor come around again until I'm dead won't get me there, 😂😂😂

Anyway, I intend to take off work and look at the sun with the girls, maybe even stake out a watching place along the lakefront. I found a website to buy those goofy paper glasses. They come in packs of 25, so if you know of 22 people in need of some, give a girl a holla.

A few years ago we watched a lunar eclipse. Here's a decent photo, if you look super close you can sorta see the shading on the moon. We sat outside with the whole neighborhood, being neighborly and sh*t.

No comments: