Monday, February 23, 2015

run/walk #9

Weekday workouts have been non-existent lately. I could mention reasons why: too cold in the mornings; too tired/exhausted; super limited parking in the evenings due to too much snow and super cold temps, I have grown averse to being rushed in the early mornings as a result of this ridiculous schedule...but whatever. It doesn't change the end result: I haven't been going to the gym. And that just won't do. I HAVE to make time.

Yesterday's Run: Total: 2.10 miles; 29:14; Pace 13:55 (running mile was 12:00 exactly.) I initially started to run and immediately felt pain in my left knee, so I walked. Walked 1 mile and then ran 1 mile, then walked another tenth of mile. Maybe I just needed to warm up?

Miles this month: 12.3

Miles this year: 35.8 miles

After running, I did some strength training, another thing that has fallen by the wayside since late January. It felt great. I'm sore, but I like that feeling. I'm just going to have to get through these brutal winter months and figure this out.

p.s. I don't care how cold it is, I am GOING TO THE GYM THIS EVENING. I don't have the girls, so I will go to Evanston since it's wayyyyy bigger. Probably 3 or 4 times the amount of treadmills as my nearby gym.

No comments: