Sunday, August 17, 2014

RIP, Cuisinart Blender

I'm a kitchen gadget girl at heart. Spent hundreds on my kitchenaid mixer, Betty the Workhorse, and have made countless batches of cookie dough with it. Hundreds! Maybe thousands of cookie dough batches. And I still want to buy one of the newer, flashier colors--but that would be impractical. Betty even survived a fall a few months back. She ain't going nowhere.

At any given time in my adult life I've owned two crockpots (down to 1 now), an electric griddle, a George Foreman grill, a handheld mixer, a handheld stick cuisinart mixer, a nutri-bullet (POS broke in under a year), a food dehydrator thing, a 4-slot toaster, a rice cooker, a food processor, a hot air popcorn popper, a centrifugal juicer and a masticating juicer. (Is there any wonder why I have struggled with my weight my entire adult life?)

But my cuisinart (pronounced KWEE-zenn-art) was an investment. Why, you can cook soup in it. Literally! It blends so fast that you can take room temp veggies and blend away and as it soups them up, it heats it from the engine of the blender. And I use it regularly enough that it stays on my countertop. Stayed. My blender and my kitchenaid mixer, my two girls.

Anyway...fast forward to a week ago when my sink backed up. With my blender in it, sans the base. Long story short, sink is fixed and then I washed the stuff that was in the sink, but didn't trust that. So I started to sterilize stuff by boiling it. Today I got to sterilizing my blender parts.

Well who in the Sam Hill knew that the plastic base would be so weak when all the other parts are so indestructible?!






And the blender is so old that there are no replacement parts available.

Wah
Wah
Wah

Went to Target and glanced around, but none of them looked like my beloved. Of course NO cuisinart. Left. I'm sure I would probably love a vitamix but there is no way I would spend that kinda money. (Well ok, probably not, anyway.)

Sigh. I shall wait. I have 4 pages of school supply lists to buy. Yes. FOUR. Two kids. My handheld stick mixer is gonna have to do the job and make the trip back and forth on the weekends from work.







OyOyOy.

And no, I purged most of my kitchen gadgets when I moved, so I don't still have most of those. Gave quite a few away and made some people super happy at work.

Downsizing is good. But I do intend to get another blender.

RIP, Cweezy!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

Unknown said...

A good blender is the key to a happy kitchen! My smoothie-centric diet wouldn't know what to do if my trusty blender crapped out on me! I'm sure you'll find just the right replacement - good luck!

Anonymous said...

It's on the backburner for now...but I will certainly get one soon. In the meantime, I'm hauling the little stick thing back and forth from work but don't trust adding ice. I'm trying a new smoothie base mix this week too...exciting!

-Lindy