Saturday, June 21, 2014

run #74

How much: 8
How long: 1:42:08 (pace 12:46)
Where: neighborhood to lakefront
When: 7am/60degrees 100%hum.
June miles: 27
Total 2014 miles: 261.63

My first long run for marathon training (technically.) I say technically because I've had two longer ones (9 miles and the soldier field 10-mile race,) but i haven't run anything long since that May 25th race. First run of the season with my fuel belt, too.

Anyway, I've been running a lot slower but with what feels like a high effort this week in general--not sure why except maybe due to the high humidity and getting used to that. At least the temps have been low.

The lakefront is full of the marathon training groups. I can always spot the slow pace groups...for obvious reasons. There's a special place in my heart for them. ❤️ I got a few looks & smiles like "dang she's out here doing this alone." I know the look because I used to give the look when I ran with pace groups.

Well...on to a new running week. After a little weekend break from running, that is.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: