Thursday, April 17, 2014

walk #47

How much: 3
How long: 50:42 (walk at 3.5 mph)
Where: lakefront
When: 5:30ish
April miles: 33
Total 2014 miles: 160.72

The girls are with their dad tonight...I was driving home talking to BB when suddenly I see a familiar face among the sea of anonymous other people's somebodies. Nicole! I worked with her for 8+ years til she left the organization last month.

She was heading home and going to the new LA Fitness on Lawrence, and I was like whaaaaaat but it's so nice? And so for once in my life I was able to do something on a whim (something that becomes kinda rare when you're hauling kids around and trying to keep them in some kind of schedule.)

So I took her home to change, then went to my place and threw on my gear, and off to the lakefront we went. We walked at a 3.5 mph pace, which was enough for her...she has knee problems and can't run anymore.

It was nice to catch up! And nice to do something completely unplanned.

I'll hit the gym in the morning for weights and a run.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: