Friday, April 4, 2014

This week in NYC Marathon obsessing...

They've announced the marathon start times today. 4 waves. How much you wanna bet I'm in wave 4? (Not that I care, I'm just saying.)

Earlier this week I was encouraged to make my selections for getting to the start line. My choices were by bus in Jersey; bus from midtown at the main library; or Staten Island Ferry. The latest buses were like 7-something (and NJ was never an option in my head.) The last ferry was 8:30, so I picked the 2nd to last ferry at 8:15. It will be a scenic, but chilly ride. It's the only way I've ever traveled to Staten Island, so why something new, now?

I also had the option of having baggage or no baggage. Went with "no baggage." It seems like a good answer for life in general, not to mention the logistical nightmare of having to reunite with a bag after having run 26.2 miles. I don't do gear check for a 5K. I'd rather drop a sweatshirt on the course and call it a day than to have to walk a half mile to find my crap. If I can't carry it, I don't need it. If someone can't meet me on the course with it? Oh well.

But back to the ferry and my time choice...the less time that I'm left alone to stress is good. I'm already imagining the day and have a picture in my head. I like how it looks.

No comments: