Sunday, April 13, 2014

retooling

So earlier this week I was talking smack about my 10,000 steps blah blah blah. Well my streak finally ended on Thursday after 24 days. It had been a stressful day at work that started at 4am at home to get a head start. Once I got to work it seemed as though I was chained to my desk. And while I planned to somehow get in those steps that evening when the girls were at choir practice, a friend that I hadn't talked too much felt like talking...and so that's what we did. And in the back of my head the whole time I realized the streak was falling.

And you know what? That's ok. Is it really about the streak or is it about making great healthy choices almost all of the time? Balance. Balance! I refuse to beat myself up over trivial things.

I also spent this week resting my right calf which was somewhat sore--calf mostly, and shin, actually. A few times I thought "you can just go walk fast." But even that is not really resting.

After yesterday's run, I think that was a good move. Didn't lose any ground, and there's no point in running just for the sake of miles this early in the running season.

So...the week ahead, back at it. This weekend was a step back week in my running anyway. More miles, coming up!

10,000 steps goal streak: 2 days and counting.

:)


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: