Friday, August 2, 2013

Mind-numbing tv...and the problem with that is what?

Dear Blogosphere,



I tried to not watch tv tonight. It'd been a long day. Who needs that negativity that i tend to gravitate to on the "idiot box," like murders/forensics, the news/news magazine shows, etc...



Earlier tonight on the way home I watched people headed off to the movies and out to eat, kicking off their weekend. I longed to be one of them. And then the guilt crept in amidst the deafening silence of the "no tv" room. I struggled to get the girls in bed. the thoughts of failure and inadequacy crept in. You're not good enough. You're not a good mother because you're selfish. Jack of all trades, master of none. Name one thing you've gotten right. No matter how hard I try, it's never enough. And how hard have I really tried? The guilt associated with moms aiming to have some balance in their lives. Sigh.



Where's the remote?



Yours truly,


A tired mom



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: