Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rhetorical question...

So in an email to Lou and Meg yesterday I mentioned that this cold couldn't really last into the weekend, could it?

Kiss of death.

The cold has settled into my lungs. And for a runner, that is not a good thing. FOr a runner with exercised-induced asthma and a history of respiratory issues (on occasion), it's really not a good thing.

STOP READING IF YOU ARE EASILY GROSSED OUT. CONSIDER YOURSELVES WARNED!!!!!

Rewind to last night. I took some Nyquil. Me taking cold medicine is a big deal because I don't like the feeling--I'm still in a "zone" this morning. So anyway, I slept like a ROCK. (bonus!) After 8 hours sleep, I groggily trudged to the bathroom where I suddenly coughed up a nice big ball of mucus. It was greenish yellow. Then I caught a glimpse of something in the back of my hair. I found blobs of mucus in my HAIR?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! WTH?!?!?! I don't know how it got there, all I can think of is that I must have coughed in the middle of the night and then rolled over into it?!?! I dunno, but that was very, VERY strange.

No comments: