Monday, July 27, 2009

It's My Birthday and I'll Run if I Want to...

So today isn't my birthday, but yesterday it was. And for the first time in a long time, I didn't run with my group on Saturday because I didn't get outta bed on time. THat's another story...

We were supposed to run 6 miles. I ran 9 instead. But let's not go getting all excited. I also hadn't run my short Friday run, so I combined the two and ended up with 9 miles on my birthday. Just me, my ipod and the lakefront, heading from the 63rd Street beachhouse to my favorite 31st Street beachhouse and back.

The only thing not perfect was my Garmin conking out less than 1 mile in. Calculated time by my cell phone at 1:48:00, which is right on pace for those of you still unaware that my pace is 12-minutes per mile. But wait...this is extra fabulous to me, because that means without having to stare at a watch and obsess about times, I was able to listen to my body and hit the pace dead on. Suh-WEEEEEET!

It was LOVE-O-LEE! And I couldn't think of a better way to kick off the celebration of my 38th birthday.

Next up? the Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon. Based on my own predicted finish time, I'm in the 17th corral. 17 out of 21. :-(

3 comments:

Aileen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Garmin did that to me during the 12 miler a few weeks ago. I didn't notice until the 1st turnaround. Grrrr...

We shall conquer RnR on Sunday. Fact.

RBR said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! (ok belated, but really we get to celebrate as long as we want!)

Great run! Good luck on the RNR half. Their events are really fun. I know they took over your Chicago Distance Classic, so hopefully it won't have the issues of last year!

Woo hoo! Go rock it birthday girl!

Lindy said...

Thanks to you both for the bday wishes! And to my fellow July birthday-er, let the parties continue.

The RNR course has already been restored to its previous grandeur, so I am quite pleased. I don't know about this Cytomax drink, but I'm not worried. I will have my gatorade and maybe try the 'max at the end, with my iron stomach and all.

Yes....CONQUER IT, WE SHALL!

side eye glance: still keeping an eye on the weather reports.