Sunday, April 19, 2009

Week in Review: 4/13 - 4/19/09

Running: 3 miles' 3 miles; 11 miles (more on the long run in my next post)
Strength Training: 2 lower body; 1 lower body
Cross Training: 1 time on the elliptical

Another "roll with the punches" kind of week. Tuesday night I had a meeting for work that kept me out until about 10:30, and I still managed to make it up at 4:40 the next morning to go to the gym. Had to, b/c hubby was heading out of town Wednesday and wouldn't be back til late Thursday night, so no gym opportunity Thursday morning.

I skipped Friday morning, hit the snooze and slept in another hour and 45 minutes. But it wasn't as simple as that. Hubby didn't get home until real late Thursday. The girls and I did as we usually do when he's out of town, and slept on the pull-out in the living room. Well the thought of one of them waking up and me being gone, them not knowing he came home, it was just too much. They wouldn't even know to check upstairs, and I really just didn't want them to have to deal with that...so I just didn't go. And you know what? The extra sleep and extra rest for my calf did my body good.

The next two weeks approaching the Indy Mini (Half) Marathon are going to be very busy at work, so I'm not sure how my workouts might change. Here's what I'm aiming for this coming week:

Runs: 3 miles; 3 miles, 2 miles; 8 miles
Strength: 2 upper; 2 lower
Cross Training: 1 elliptical

And the following week, the week before the race (and two major project deadlines at work):

Runs: 3 miles; 3 miles; 13.1 Miles (race!)
Strength: 2 lower, 2 upper (with only 2 sets instead of 3 sets)
Cross Training: 0

So that's what's up with me!

1 comment:

Aileen said...

Good luck with Indy! I'm sure you and Lou will do fabulously...and there'll be a whole bunch of CES runners there too! I'll be thinking of you guys when I'm at Palos for the half.