Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Run #91 Girl Interrupted

Date: October 21 at 5:50am
Place: treadmill at home
Mileage: 3
Time It Took: 35:23
Pace: 11:48
Miles This Week: 3
Miles This Month: 22.67
2008 Total: 511.57

Thoughts/Comments:
House Rule #1 The first step is always the creakiest. As I was sneaking out of my bedroom to head downstairs to the treadmill, I noticed how loud the stairs were. Maybe with cooler weather they are creakier? My first step and I was like "OH NO!" I heard Zoe tossing and turning, so I waited a few minutes before progressing.

And of course, just about 3/4 into my first mile, there she was at the door. "Hi Mommy! Mommy are you done? Mommy! Mommy!" So I got off for a few minutes, found Blues Clues was on Noggin (there's nothing more worthwhile on cable than the round-the-clock "It's like pre-school on TV" Noggin Channel.) I got her some chocolate milk, put her under a blanket on the couch and VOILA! I just bought a few more minutes for myself. As I was walking my cooldown she was back at the door "Mommy are you done? Mommy! Mommy!" and so I at that point I really was done.

Whew, getting runs in by hook or by crook!

2 comments:

Soulseros said...

I don't have any children yet but reading your blog has given me some insight. How cute to have some little ones always wanting you, but I'm sure it does eat into your alone time.

Aileen said...

I don't know how you do it, but you are awesome! And...chocolate milk is good for you too. Fact!