Friday, July 18, 2008

Run #68 Yet another test, time will tell if I passed

Date/Time: July 18th at 5:20am
Place: lakefront; 77 degrees
Mileage: 2.11 miles
Time It Took: 24:31
Pace: 11:37
Miles this week: 2.11
Miles this month: 3.86
2008 Goal: 410.83/1000 miles

Thoughts/Comments: The last time I used my Garmin was a long run at the lakefront that ended with knee pain and a vow to visit Athletico, a sports injury place. Today, with 3 of my 6 week therapy plan behind me, I felt ok. It was sort of like seeing an old friend, cautioning yourself not to get too excited. Will things be the same again someday? Hope so, but we'll have to wait and see.

As I write this, i'm icing my knee just to be on the safe side. That two miles seemed pretty long...

Last week I didn't run that Thursday evening 5K, for a multitude of reasons, starting with lightning and thunder, followed by childcare issues that came up... and after that, I'm out of excuses. On Sunday I will be running the Fleet Feet Women's 5K. When I signed up, I opted for the 5K versus 10K because it would have been the day after a long run. I still think I"m wise to go with the 5K at this point.

Well have a happy Friday. Sorry for not posting much...maybe I'm coming out of my funk finally.

1 comment:

Lou said...

I'm happy to hear that you're up and running again :). Good luck on Sunday! I kind of wish I had the energy to race with you... if only for the shirt...