Thursday, July 24, 2008

I'm leaving to find myself

So tomorrow I have the day off. After I drop the girls off at daycare, I'm going to drive on over to Old Town/Lincoln Park area, find me a parking spot and then head over to the lakefront running path. Why there? That is where ALL (ok MOST) of my long training runs started from last year. (Ok let's not get technical, b/c a number of the the CES runs started from Montrose Harbor)...but anyway, I want to re-visit that serene area of the path, that western part that winds around by St. Joe's Hospital, meets back up with the eastern part at that section near Belmont Harbor where runners and cyclists mix it up, yelling at each other to "WATCH IT". I want to--if I make it that far--see the totem pole. I feel that will do my spirit some good. I already feel peaceful just thinking about it. I'll let you know if I find my running spirit.

1 comment:

Aileen said...

Fingers crossed for the running spirit. And that a Lance Armstrong wannabe does ruin it.