Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Run #8 Last run with my winter training group

Date/Time: Jan 12 at 7:45 am
Place: Lakefront, 30˚
Mileage: 6 miles
Time It Took: 1:11:29
Pace: 11:54
Miles this week: 18.03
Miles this month: 36.03
2008 Goal: 36.03/1000

Thoughts/Comments: Today was the last run with the Chicago Endurance Sports Winter Warriors training program. Fully into the taper for the Cabo San Lucas Half Marathon that’s next week, we only did 6 miles. (No, I’m not doing that race, but I wish I was!) So anyway, my trusty Garmin didn’t pick up a satellite until we’d already started running for a minute or so. (so my 6 miles is probably more like 6.1, and the pace even a little quicker, but oh well.)

It was just me a “K”, and 2 miles into our run, she had stomach troubles so she stopped to go to the bathroom. I told the pace group right behind me b/c we’re supposed to let the coaches and pace leaders so that they’re not worried about us or anything. And not 5 or 6 minutes later (into my 10-minute wait where I just stretched and tried to stay warm), lo and behold, one of the coaches came riding by on his bike looking for us, so that was nice—made us 12:00’ers feel loved and appreciated, AWWWWW. If it hadn’t been for St. Joseph Hospital allowing runners to come in and use the facilities, she would have been in trouble! I was trying to be cool about it, since they all stopped for me that one time I had to “cop a squat” up by Foster Beach, but 10 minutes?! UGH. But it was fine, she was fine, and we finished our run among the last of the pack with the run/walk folks.

No comments: