Thursday, January 7, 2016

December wrap-up

You may recall that in November I met my 90 mile goal, but not without some nonsense. I had a huge blister on the bottom of my foot covering my entire heel to my arch. I decided to take it easy. I ended up doing a run/walk on December 7, but was sore again afterwards, so chilled some more...also was very busy prepping for my daughter's ballet stuff.

I picked things back up once I went on vacation the week of Christmas.

I did a total of 49.48 miles, and my longest walk was 8.27 miles, 3 different times. I ran/walked twice, and another time I ran the last mile. Total miles covered since kicking this off on August 10 are 348 miles and over 83 hours of time elapsed.

My January goal is 100 miles, but most of it will be walking.  I am also working hard to eat as cleanly as possible. No added sugar (or very limited, that is), protein, veggies, fruit and complex carbohydrates.

As "luck" would have it, my callous, formerly know as my blister, decided to shed right before new year's. So now it's like baby skin on my heel and extremely tender.

I'll set more detailed goals for February, but truthfully I'm just glad to be moving again.

And those are the facts, ma'am/sir.

No comments: