Tuesday, October 13, 2015

2016

In 2006, two best friends had a crazy idea. Let's run the LaSalle Bank Chicago Marathon! And they researched a training plan and found a decent amount of resources via the one training group in town (CARA), ran numerous races including their first half marathon among other things. While one girls dream ended on a windy and rainy 16-mile training run (that would be me), the other kept going and did it. In 2007, the other one (me) did it too--and started blogging about it. (Wow, I've been blogging for almost 8 years???)

Anyway, Annah and I are going to celebrate 10 years of distance running next year, so we plan to mark this momentous occasion by at minimum, running our original races--or to the extent that we can, since the Chicago Distance Classic (RIP) was bought out by the empire known as Rock-n-Roll marathons/half marathons.

I might also reminisce on running in general on this blog, as the running landscape in chicago is different than 10 years ago. The running boom beckoned, and chicago answered.

Alright...headed off to the gym in a bit. My 80 walking/running miles goal for the month won't happen if I'm just chilling on the couch, ya know?

No comments: