Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Accountability and Excuses, good or bad

At 2am when my oldest was crying out for me, and I spent the next 90 minutes standing next to her upper bunk bed holding a cold compress to her head and giving her sips of water, I knew two things: 1) She wasn't going to school; and 2) I probably wasn't getting up at 4:30 to make it to the gym. Eh. Who cares. Today is not a "weights" day and I could eek out a simple run or walk at home on the treadmill.

Problem is, I've grown to really like the treadmills at the gym wayyyy better. It's after 12:30 and I've yet to hop on. Latest excuse? I'm going to go vote (Chicago mayoral/city council election-woo hoo!) when the husband returns--do I really want to get all sweaty before I leave? What better way to spend the hour or so after polls close and election results start coming in than being on the treadmill? (Is that bullshit or what?!)

As such, I'm thinking I will do a new feature on my blog for accountability. Maybe my posting at the moment of despair will help me do better. Or help others realize that they too have an abnormal addiction to saltines. Or whatever. My friend Lou has a cool twitter feed on her page. Since I only use twitter to "lurk," I think I will start posting my everyday details there for all my blogging friends to see. Hmmm. If you're reading this post months from now and don't see it, know that it was a dismal failure and his since been deleted.

I'll update you later on whether I run or walk and move my rear in any form or fashion, other than repositioning it in my "tv chair."

7:50pm. Okay, so I walked a simple 4 miles. I'm not an evening exerciser, but i got it done while watching some evening news, a rerun of "the office" and Zoe literally climbing all over the treadmill for at least 2/3 of my walk. Sigh.

2 comments:

Lou said...

I am following you on Twitter now.

Aileen said...

I'm still too terrified to use twitter, but I will read the twitter feed on your blog. Good times!