Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pure exhaustion!

What a weekend! Here's the play-by-play:

Friday night/Early Saturday morning:
-hubby tells me he HAS to leave the house no later than 9:30 for his appointment
-I do the mental math and realize it could be close...call best friend to see if she can stop in for an hour or so (worry though, cuz she's at Beyonce concert)
-woke up at 2:45 because I had to go to the bathroom
-lied in bed awake, last time I looked at the clock it was around 4:15
-up at 5:30 to quickly get ready, and leave by 5:50 in order to drive up north for our training run.
-an hour into training run, text best friend to make sure she's up...no response, decide to ditch out early on training run
-run 10 miles instead of 12
-at car, realized texting is not a good form of communication. she had been on her way, but i never got that text. she got my second text telling her not to worry about it and went back home. oh well.

Saturday morning
-come home, get ready, get girls ready
-drive 45 miles west to the far west suburbs
-we are a little early, so we quickly drop in at the outlet mall to grab a pair of shoes for the girls at the stride rite outles. love that store!
-next we arrive at a birthday party at Chuckie Cheese.
-noise!
-upon leaving, we go over to my dad's, potty break, and then my dad, me and the girls head down to the park for the girls' first fishing lesson. 4 fish and a million rocks thrown later, we leave.
-arby's!
-head home
-AHHHHH, satisfaction! all cabinets are now in, all countertops done, sink and dishwasher, in and working. HOORAY!

Sunday morning
-Fleet Feet Women's Festival 5K/10K
-pondered switching from the 5K to the 10K, since I fell short on my miles
-drove up north with my hubby's cousin...this was her first race ever!
-all the way to the registration table, my legs protested, but I switched to the 10K.
-ran it (race report pending)
-came home
-sanitized cabinets, started putting things in them
-birthday party in the afternoon for a girl in the neighborhood

TIRED!!!!!! This is the lamest post ever, and I might delete it, since it is devoid of anything interesting. I will do a race report when i've had time to get the creative juices flowing. Sleep and/or sugar may help.

2 comments:

IronWaddler said...

I'm exhausted now too. Take care of yourself.

RBR said...

Hey stranger! Great workout out weekend your build to Chicago is coming along quite nicely. I am so glad you are not having injury issues this year. Have a great week and get some rest!