Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Run #88 Back At It

Date: October 14th at 5:20am
Place: Treadmill at home
Mileage: 3 + .5 (walking, warmup and cooldown)
Time It Took (for the run): 35:37
Pace: 11:52
Miles This Week: 3 + .5= 3.5
Miles This Month: 14.32
2008 Total: 503.22 (Yay, I finally broke 500! Sheesh!)

Thoughts/Comments: My legs protested, but I just did it. To go from running 7+ miles with crowd-lined streets and people cheering and handing you water and gatorade and pretzels...to go from that, to the yellowish light oddly bouncing off the brick wall in my exercise room as I stare at the curtains on the window and amidst storage boxes strewn about is quite a letdown.

BUT! I should be happy that I have a treadmill at home and can get on it at the crack of dawn or even in the middle of the night instead of running while its dark outside (i wouldn't) or trying to figure out how I can fit a trip to the gym in my crazy schedule (i couldn't)...so I'm counting my blessings.

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Soulseros said...

yes, although the treadmill can be boring at least it does give us a chance to run when we otherwise wouldn't. Congrats on 500!

Lou said...

Go Lindy! I think 2009 is going to be a great season for all of us!