Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Eating and Running; Running and Eating

SUBTITLE: Sweet Glory!

You might think this is a post to lament over my eating way too much food and not running enough. No, it's not, although said post might be warranted. I'm writing about two upcoming events.

This Friday, in an effort to absolve my running sin of not running the marathon that I signed up for, I'm hosting a pasta party..."Eat and Run: Let the Carbo Loading Commence," reads the evite. My NYC friend is coming into town, and we're making the pasta from scratch. Yeah, you read that right, and yeah, I'm pretty proud and ONE BAD @$$ chic, eh? So I've invited my marathoning friends, and a few who are not running this year for various reasons. And we're going to eat! YAY! Me like eating!

Next event...and get ready for this one, cuz it's a beauty. I am signed up for the Hot Chocolate 15K. (whatever, you say.) But first....there's the awesome gear. I mean, this is some NICE STUFF!!!!!


But it get's better...the sponsor is Hershey. HERSHEY! (Shhhh, do you hear the angels singing?) The website reads "After the race, join us for the SWEETEST post race party you can imagine with CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE, and MORE CHOCOLATE. Just imagine dying and going to Chocolate Heaven, because it exists at the Hot Chocolate 15k/5k post race party."


WOW. I'm just worried that as a 12:00 pace, there will be no chocolate once I've finished running. I'm envisioning something similar to the chocolate river in Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.


Anyway, I hate to just dash off after writing about eating and running, but I gotta go!

3 comments:

Lou said...

Just FYI... more for your appetite... we're going to have to do a post-Hot Chocolate brunch to celebrate @'s bday!

Soulseros said...

OMG! I love chocolate, especially dark chocolate! How I wish I were there with you. Nice work on your 5k and I'm glad you'll at least experience part of the race this weekend. I'm sure this year will be better than last, better be! I was feeling the disappointment along with you last year.

Aileen said...

Oh oh oh!!!!! I'm so signing up for that one too...but I've been bad with the credit card, so I'm gonna have to wait till the 19th to sign up. I hope it's still open.

And making your own pasta?!?!?! That certainly is bad ass!!!