Monday, September 29, 2008

Run #85: 15 days and 885 cookies later

Date: September 29 at 5:40am
Place: treadmill
Mileage: 2 miles, plus 1/4 mile warmup and 1/4 mile cooldown
Time It Took: 23:49 for the run part; 4:18-warmup 4:06-cooldown (and yes, I'm counting the mileage towards my goal which I probably won't reach anyway.)
Pace: 11:54
Miles this week: 2/running and .5/walking
Miles this month: 24.1 + .5 = 24.6
2008 Goal: 488.97

Thoughts/Comments: Are you crazy? 2 weeks and no running? I mean, ok, I'm not running the marathon, but I AM supposed to be there to support Lou and will be running the last 8 or 10 miles with her...but I can't be all weak and unready while she needs me to be strong, right?

So the louder my legs protested and the louder my inner self ridiculed me, the louder I turned up my iPod. Didn't stop once. And just like that? Back on track. I felt pretty good.

As for the post title, yes, I had cookie orders totalling 885 cookies, which is why I've been ghost on this blog and not running at all. It has literally taken up all of my free time and included to all nighters IN A ROW to get them done. From the baking to decorating to labeling individual bags...I've seen enough cookies to last me a lifetime. Also, I've got my website up and running and almost ready to take orders ONLINE....so exciting. I will pass on the link very soon.

To those sweethearts who will still have me, and have commented on my blog with nothing in response, THANK YOU and I will be visiting your blogs TODAY.

3 comments:

Aileen said...

I went on two cookie binges this week, and I'm not ashamed at all. And if I had your cookies, I would have eaten all of them too. ALL OF THEM.

Soulseros said...

Cookies! I'm so excited that I'll be able to order from you soon, I definitely plan on doing so.

About reaching 1000...last year was my first year with that goal and I was way off, like 400 miles off or something like that. no biggie, make it your goal again next year.

Even with 2.5 miles in the past few weeks, you are still at it and that's the important thing!

Aileen said...

One of my mantras whilst running is "I run for cookies"

Someday, I WILL sample your cookies.