Saturday, September 6, 2008

Run #81 Two Roads Diverged in a Yellow Wood

Near lakefront at Museum of Science and Industry, probably low 60's or maybe even upper 50's. Perfect.
Mileage: 3
Time It Took: 35:09
Pace: 11:43
Miles this week: 3
Miles this month: 3 (I sense a pattern here)
2008 Goal: 467.27/1000

Thoughts/Comments: Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I took the one less travelled...because while driving over to the lakefront I discovered a hole in my running pants...right in the crotch area. Unsure of what was or was not visible, I took a path that I felt would be less travelled. So nothing poetic here friends, move along.

And I still ran into a friend!

This week in running has been non-existant. The girls (thus I) have new schedules. I have to get up at around 6am (latest) to get ready, and then get the girls up absolutely no later than 6:45. Zoe goes to a daycare near our house, and then Jada and I have the privelege of driving up Lake Shore Drive, my favorite place to be in the entire city-even with traffic-up to her school. REAL SCHOOL, Inter American Magnet School. We drive from 7100 S. (71st/South Shore) all the way to 4000 N. at Irving Park Road.

So after doing this week of mayhem and playing fully the role of mommy and leaving behind the role of runner this week (and sorry I could not travel both), it has occurred to me that weekday runs will now only be possible on the treadmill, and starting probably no later than 5am-ish. (well I could run outside in the pitch dark, but I don't trust my neighborhood or the pitch black lakefront.)

Good news though. So far, absolutely no knee pain during or after running today.

See you.

3 comments:

Soulseros said...

I'm glad you're back running and that your knee wasn't acting up. Keep it up Lindy Girl! the hole in the crotch and meeting a friend made me laugh!

Lou said...

4000 N?!?! That's where me and Meg are! Well, I'm at 44 now, but what's four little blocks.

I kept my eyes peeled for you this morning, but alas, I see now why that our meeting today was ill-fated.

I can't wait to see you next week!

Aileen said...

Wow...that's quite the drive!