Tuesday, May 27, 2008

You don't have to tell me twice!

So I have this friend from my college days, he's like this big time marathoner and he runs several organizations including a triathlon training program for underpriveleged youth, as well as owns a marathon & triathlon training program for adults, too. From now on we will call him Coach HPOA(BWBM)--Coach Hot Piece of Ass (But we're both married). And really, we're just good friends, nothing more. However just because I'm on a diet, doesn't mean I don't look at the menu. LOL!

Anyway, I joined the group primarily b/c they meet less than a mile from home AND the start times vary based on distance scheduled for that day. We even start just after 5am a few different times. AWESOME, that is PERFECT for me and my early bird self.

Anyway, they've already been training for a month, but I chose to join them at the end of this month, given my marathon and a few other races earlier on. This weekend they're just getting up to 7 miles. Aw, cute, huh? (Let me stop.) So I talked to Coach HPOA about my lead legs, overall tiredness, unenthusiastic-ness etc... He suggested that I might be overdoing it. "Overtraining" is the word he used. Take a break this week til Saturday. If you want (he says) bike those miles you would have run. Or not. Do what you feel like. (I don't think he meant go get a Portillo's Italian Beef and large cheese fries.) But he DID mean to take it easy this week. And no one has to tell me more than once to relax. Consider it DONE.

And no, I didn't really go eat that.

1 comment:

Lou said...

I feel the same way and had planned on giving myself this week off of running... that is until I realized that I'm out of town and running is really the easiest way to workout. I think I still have time before training starts to give myself next week off though before marathon training starts -- which, BTW I want to cry that I'm going to be going to CARA all by my lonesome. :(